Briar Hill Baptist Church is a Southern Baptist Church that exist to glorify God by loving Him and showing His love. Because of that, our church has a long and distinguished history.
Our church was organized on October 7, 1888 by forty-seven adults from the Strong River Baptist Association. From our humble beginnings to the present day, our church has sought to be a refuge for God's people. From the smallest child to a global strategy of missions and discipleship, we are a church with a vision for Christ. Our vision is to lead people into an ever transforming relationship with Jesus Christ, and to build strong, Christ-centered families.
But that's only the beginning. God has given our church a far- sighted vision! Through local, statewide, nationwide, and international missions, we're praying and working towards spreading a passion for the glory of God.
Briar Hill has a bright heritage and en even brighter hope for tomorrow. Changing the world. Changing lives. One heart at a time. One family at a time. That's Briar Hill's heritage and vision.
Doctrine Matters to us. The following is a concise listing of our beliefs. You can find out more about what we believe in the About Us section of this site.
- We believe that the Bible is the verbally inspired word of God and is, therefore, infallible and inerrant.
- We believe tin the virgin birth of Jesus Christ. We believe in the vicarious death of Jesus Christ on the cross for mankind's sin.
- We believe in the victorious resurrections of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- We believe in the visible and immanent return of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in a literal Heaven where the saved shall live eternally, and in a literal Hell where the lost shall forever be separated from God in an eternal torment.
- We believe that salvation is a gift from God based upon His grace and extended to those who will repent of sin and place their faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.